Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
We offer a range of Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) options.
This is also available to patients of other practices.
We offer insertion of Mirena/Kyleena & Copper Coil at this surgery.
Please read our leaflet for full information. (Coil Insertion Leaflet)
Coming for an Implanon:
- Make a 30 minute appointment between Day 1 and Day 5 of your menstrual cycle.
- If unable to make your appointment it is essential to cancel to avoid a charge.
- Please read consent form prior to visit (Link to Consent Form)
- Implanon is an excellent contraceptive with < 10% failure rate.
What to expect:
- A small amount of local anaesthetic is gently injected into the inner side of the upper arm above the elbow to numb the area.
- The implanon is easily inserted just under the skin – local short term bruising is common after insertion.
- An irregular bleeding pattern most often light is common in 40% of patients which may settle up to 8 months post insertion.
- 20% will potentially have no period.
- The remaining 40% will have a regular cycle.
- For potential risks and side effects please read the consent form.
The Following Forms may be required:
Counselling Form for IUD
Implanon Consent Form
Coming for a Coil – What to Expect